Hackathons as a key intrapreneurial activity and route to innovation: This is a post I wrote some time ago based on work I did supporting customers with running hackathons to drive innovation efforts. There is a breakdown of the full blown approach we took over several weeks if not months – the full monty. I also describe an instant, no frills approach that you can run with teams over a few hours.
Great articles on innovation hacking and hackathons
- How are social technologies supporting Open Innovation? – use of external networks on Yammer and has some good customer stories / use cases. I wrote this post as far back as 2012 but a lot of the practices still apply :)
- Red Robin, a chain of restaurants, executed a campaign seeking innovative solutions/ products/ideas using Yammer – story here
- How Northwinds Hotels uses Yammer to innovate – video here.
- Esquel Group, Hong Kong based textile company uses Yammer for Innovation – story here
- 3M races forward to enable enterprise-wide collaboration
- Here Are 10 Things I Learned From Running An Organizational Hackathon
- I Ran An Organizational Hackathon. Here Is What Participants Thought About It…
- The Responsive Enterprise: Embracing the Hacker Way
- MasterCard Turns to Hackathons for Payment Innovation
- Demystifying the Hackathon (McKinsey)
- Hack your way to success
- How a hackathon can encourage your employees to innovate