After dissolving the business I had started (more on that here: Birth of Enterprise Social) I continued using the brand to create a platform for thought leadership. I originally had some thoughts around thought leadership (funny that :) in an enterprise environment but decided to put it into practice for myself – see diagram for some quick notes on my thinking.
Essentially a blogging platform which I made available to a group of contributors and thought leaders. Mostly they were friends or colleagues who I knew were good writers and extremely knowledgable on the subject of enterprise social which we were all in at the time, i.e. social networking, innovation and collaboration in the enterprise.
I’ve added this project to the technology solutions category but it was much more than just about technology. We wrote about change management, culture, methodologies, etc. All of the things that make for the real success behind social technology adoption and implementation within the enterprise.
The platform I created was based on WordPress using a multi-author magazine site theme. The video shows different elements of the site:
- Home page with aggregated content including featured and recent content filtered by category
- A page to show authors / contributors and a sign up page if you wanted to become one
- A landing page promoting specific events and activities linked to from an ad in the side bar of the site
- A page with aggregated videos integrated from YouTube with automated updates every time you added videos to a playlist
- WordPress admin view with calendar plugin to manage post scheduling and author contributions