I thought why not try #workingoutloud to capture a comprehensive list of considerations when evaluating tools for the benefit of others. I also think its important to understand what you are trying to achieve? So maybe we have a list with the main tools and then a some of the main outcomes you can expect or should target. Something like this below:
- MindWave Mobile: Brainwave Starter Kit – See review linked in opening paragraph
- Spire – Device and iOS app
- mindBot – A chat bot available for leading messaging apps
- Muse – A brain sensing headband with iOS and Android apps
- Thync – A device for monitoring your brain and helping influence it
- PIP – Stress Management Device
- Foc.us Gadgets for Lucid Dreaming and V2 Brain Stimulator. Coming in 2016 EEG Flow
- MyndPlay – Brainwave Sensor
- OURA Ring – Tracks and improves sleep
- Bosurgi VR App – Virtual Reality delivery mechanism for the Bosurgi Method™
- Heart Math – Application that measures your heart rate with device and provides feedback in real time, visually
- GPS for the Soul – Uses your phone’s camera to assess your heart rate with tools to guide and improve your mental state
- Nome – Avisual and auditive neuro-feedback device thatsupports meditation
- Bellabeat Leaf – A device that tracks activity, sleep, menstrual cycle and meditation
- The WellBe (Indiegogo project) – The WellBe is a bracelet and mobile app designed to support your emotional well-being. Find out what your stress triggers are and learn personalized meditation and other well-being exercises to release stress.
- Sona – Connected bracelet for mind and body. Also has app and focus is on physical activity as well as managing stress
- Prana – Wearable which combines breath and posture tracking to help you make the most of your sitting time
- Embrace – A bracelet that provides activity monitoring, sleep monitoring, stress management and seizure monitoring
- Feel – A wristband with integrated sensors that measure and track biosignals throughout the day, while a mobile application visualizes the results and provides personalized recommendations to improve emotional health
- Jiyo – Using data from the sensors in your phone and other fitness devices, Jiyo gives you tips for brief tasks that are supposed to improve your well-being, like doing a stretch after a long flight, or meditations and other routines that might improve your sleep if you haven’t been sleeping well.
- Zenta (Indiegogo project) – A personalized coach for both body and mind. Through sophisticated tracking of your physical and emotional wellbeing, ZENTA helps you discover how your habits and actions influence your stress and happiness over time.
- Tracking emotional states alongside daily activities so you can determine what leads to stress and what calms you
- Tracking your state of focus, for when you are meditating for instance, and alerting you when you become distracted. This could also be used for work and help you become more focused
- Gamifying your practice so that you can track progress and set and strive for new challenges
- A chat bot could act as a teacher, a guide to help steer you in difficult or challenging times, building a mindful awareness habit and/or self development goal tracking
If we discuss and add tools, outcomes and general ideas in comments then I can add to the main post as we go. What do you think?