I’m tracking these updates with the #innerventuresupdate tag – you can find all of them by following the link. They all tie in with and add to the findings from my trend report which covers startup driven innovation in large corporates, corporate venturing efforts and the role of the intrapreneur. You can buy the report from iBooks or add a comment (which requires an email that no one will see) and I can provide a voucher for a FREE COPY :)
- How to Disrupt Your Own Organization through Startup Innovation (SlideShare). The same author (Ben Yoskovitz) also wrote this complementary piece: Why it’s Important for Big Companies to Regularly Launch New Ventures
- 5 Ways to Convert Employees into Intrapreneurs
- Going the distance: Leveraging big brands and understanding startups. Good post which gives a balanced view, including coverage of Coca Cola’s decision to scupper its startup incubator efforts. A good post which looks at incubators and questions their role and value: Who Exactly Benefits From Startup Incubators?
- The epic plan to transform government into a startup
- Corporate Venturing News:
- Oracle launchs a startup accelerator in Israel
- Amazon is also in on the game in India.
- From this article, apparently in 2017 GE Will Buy More Tech Startups Than Google.
- BMW’s Venture Capital Arm Is Moving To Silicon Valley And Looking For Startups
- EY’s Jeff Wong brings startups into the boardroom
- Abu Dhabi’s government is going to invest $10 billion in the world’s largest VC fund. It will do this through Mubadala, a holding company established and owned by the government of Abu Dhabi.
- Match-Maker Ventures and Arthur D. Little have released an interesting report, titled “The Age of Collaboration“. The study does a good job in synthesizing the global state of play of corporate-startup collaboration and latest findings on success requirements for its implementation. Great summary in this post for the lazy.
- 10 things corporates can learn from startups on innovation
- 5 Intrapreneurship Issues to Consider Before Taking the Plunge. Some really practicals pointers and pitfalls to consider.
- Building a Startup Accelerator at a Large Company: Lessons from Target. More lessons learned from a collaboration between Target and Techstars, who are known for creating one of the best global ecosystems for entrepreneurs to bring new technologies to market.
- Turning the tables here: When Large Companies Are Better at Entrepreneurship than Startups.
- Lean Innovation: Design Thinking Meets Lean Startup For The Enterprise
- Big Companies Should Collaborate with Startups
- A great strategy piece on how to do corporate venturing right: Corporate Innovation Ventures: Separation vs. Integration
- The state of startup / corporate collaboration 2016 – Cracking report from Imaginatik and MassChallenge.
- Amazon’s new grocery store proves the $350 billion company acts more like a giant startup – Amazon is a definite leader in this space.
- Research: How a New CEO Can Make a Firm More Entrepreneurial